The St. James church is a Gothic church, built in the 16th century. It is not the first church on this site. There must have been a chapel, probably Romanesque, before, because in the "Present State of the United Netherlands" (1753) it is mentioned that in 1207 a certain John of Renesse was buried in front of the main altar of the church of Renesse. The main altar was dedicated to James Maior, the saint of Santiago de CompostelIa. The fair in Renesse is still around the 25th of July, the name day of James.
Divine service: every Sunday at 09.30h. In summer there are also German-language services.
The tower cannot be climbed. Look for more information on the website.