The construction of the church in its present form began around 1470 with the choir. They wanted a three-aisled hall church, just like that of Gouda. Later, however, the basilical form was adopted and only the choir has the shape of a hall church. In 1506 the construction of the transept and the nave began. In 1618 there was a fire in the church due to an error of a plumber. In the same year the rebuilding of the church began and was completed in 1621. The church remained in the late Gothic style. In the 17th century also a high roof rider with a carillon was built at the crossroads of the church. The carillon has 47 bells, the heaviest of which weighs 965 kg.
Only the transept and the choir are still used as church, the nave serves as exhibition space. The interior is quite sober, like an ordinary Protestant church. In the choir, however, there is a special organ from 1643 by Willem Diaken, which was painted in the 18th century and crowned with a The construction of the church in its present form began around 1470 with the choir. They wanted a three-aisled hall church, just like that of GoudaTurkish hat (1738) because of its acoustics. There is also a pulpit from 1594, and there are old grave monuments in the church.